Pages

Tuesday 13 August 2013

P2PU Open Data od-1: What is Open Data?

New territory for me this week after the comfort zone of open access last week, and our first task is to define open data in our own words.

Open data is freely available to anyone (either under a CC-BY license or equivalent if required or in the public domain) so it can be reused and redistributed without restriction. The benefits are huge; opening up the availability of data sets provides more research and collaboration opportunities. Barriers are where to store/find the data, the quality of metadata, and the format the data is stored in...oh, and persuading people to make their data open!

I would rate my knowledge of open data 2 out of 5.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nice Blog!! Thanks For Sharing!!!Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me. If you want to learn Digital Marketing, then attend Free Digital Marketing Seminar in Gurgaon. 99 Digital Academy is the best Training Institute for Learning Digital Marketing. Join Today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping for the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities have inspired me to start my own Blog Engine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    best data science training in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete